I originally found a photo of these on Pinterest, and did some Googling to get more information!
Source: Martha Stewart
1. Chop the top (Frilly bit) and bottom of your coconut off.
2. Slide your knife down the side and remove the rough skin. Be sure to get all of the little black parts..they are a bit poke-y…
3. Once all of the rind/skin is removed take an 1/8 tsp-1/4 tsp measuring spoon and remove any eyes or skin left over. You can use a pairing knife as well.
4. Slice your pineapple very thin, so that each slice is almost translucent. Using a Mandolin will help you with uniformity here, but you can easily do it by hand also. Once you slice them all up, lay them out on a silicone mat on top of a sheet pan.
5. Slowly dry them out in your oven at about 225 degrees. Depending on thickness the time needed in the oven will vary, but a good starting point would be about 30 mins on each side. If your slices are thicker then this, continue drying until they are not moist and can be transferred gently to a Cupcake pan. (I’ve also heard of people doing these in their food food-dehydrator.. just a thought..)
6. Lay each slice into a cupcake pan once they are mostly dried out from the oven and let them continue to dry out inside of the cupcake pan to make them curl up and give them the flowered look!
Enjoy! Try these out and let me know how they turn out!!